Use our exclusive office practice link to purchase your favorite SENTÉ® products! https://lddy.no/g6me
***Free Neck Firming Cream with your purchase of $199 or more. Promo code: SPRINGSKIN20. While supplies last, offer expires 5/10/2020. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers.***
Friendly reminder as this is the usual prep time for Dr. Madfes and her mother-daughter Skin Cancer, Take a Hike! Melanoma is highly treatable when caught early! This is why it’s important to familiarize yourself with the ABCDEs of Melanoma as seen in the chart below for skin cancer prevention and early detection.
As the warmer weather starts to seep in, you may find yourself heading outdoors to get some fresh air while still practicing social distancing measures!
Here are some tips on how to reduce the risk of sun exposure:
- SEEK SHADE: the sun’s rays are the strongest between 10AM-2PM
- WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING: long-sleeved shirt, pants, wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses
- APPLY SUNSCREEN: SPF 30 or higher (reapply approximately every two hours, even on cloudy days!)
- VITAMIN D: healthy diet that may include vitamin D supplements
If you find any new or suspicious spots on your skin, or any spots that are changing, itching or bleeding, please contact a board-certified dermatologist.
Great news! The office is gearing up to reopen in a few weeks!
While we are still in the middle of this Coronavirus pandemic, we just wanted to let everyone know that we are currently planning and working on measures to keep our staff and patients safe and healthy.
Some changes we will be enforcing include: a “no mask, no entry” protocol, a limited number of people present in the office, less wait time, and overall better office flow.
We remind everyone to maintain safe practices, including: frequent handwashing, wearing a mask or cloth face covering, social distancing, and reducing the sharing of common spaces and frequently touched objects. We would also like to reiterate to stay home if you are sick.
Please be on the lookout in the following weeks for the exact date of our reopening!
Did you know that poor sleep can affect your skin?
Here are some things that happen when you aren’t sleeping well:
- Poor sleep creates increased stress on the body leading to cortisol release and inflammation. This can in turn worsen existing skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, eczema and rosacea.
- An increased breakdown of collagen and hyaluronic acid may result in a loss of natural glow, bounce and translucency
- Decreased blood flow can lead to dull appearing skin and hair loss
- Poor water balance can worsen the appearance of baggy eyes, wrinkles and dryness
- Decreased release of growth hormone leads to an accumulation of damaged cells and aging
- Finally, excess snacking and calorie consumption during the day can lead to weight gain
Here are some tips for healthy sleep:
- Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night
- Don’t eat a big meal too late in the day – when you eat a big meal before you go to sleep, your body reroutes its energy towards digestion and away from restoration.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and to keep your blood flowing
- Sleep in a cool, dark, quiet room
- Keep electronics out of the bedroom – exposure to light late in the day can trick your body into thinking its daytime!
- Use breathable cotton sheets and wash them regularly, so they don’t collect dust mites and bacteria
- Use laundry detergents that don’t have strong fragrances, which can be irritating to skin
Here are a few fun and simple do it yourself at home face masks for glowing skin to brighten this gloomy Friday!
Organic Banana Face Mask
• Mash up 1/2 a banana with a fork in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon orange juice and mix. Apply to face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse, pat dry, and then apply moisturizer!
Brown Sugar Honey Face Mask
• Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon brown sugar together. Apply to face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse, pat dry, and apply moisturizer!
Avocado Yogurt Face Mask
• Mash up 1/4 of a ripe avocado in a bowl until lump free. Add 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Stir until you get a paste consistency. Apply to the face for 10-15 minutes (or until it dries out). Rinse, pat dry and apply moisturizer!
*Repeat masks twice a week for best results!
If you are running low on your skincare products that you have purchased exclusively from our office – whether it is from Dr. Madfes’ skincare line, or any of our partner product companies, we have great news!
We will be designating Wednesdays as our “ship out” days. Please text the office at 212-249-8118 with your full name, shipping address, and the product(s) you need ideally by Tuesday evenings.
Please note: there is a USPS priority mail shipping charge of $8 and we will also be sending a credit card authorization form for payment.
Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great weekend!